How do I make sure that the money I give to my son will not be touched by his future wife if wife refused a prenuptial agreement? 1 Answers as of October 02, 2017

My son will get married next year and I would like to give him a large amount of money for his wedding. I do not want the money to be used by his future wife. His future wife refused to have a prenup with my son. A related question is an even larger amount of money that I would give to my son when I die but I believe that can be covered by a trust designating the money to be only used by my son not his wife and not even his kids.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
You need to consult with an estate planning attorney that will assist you in creating one or more trusts that will restrict the use and beneficiaries of the funds in the trust.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 10/2/2017
Click to View More Answers: