How do I make my ex wife pay child support or force her to give up her rights? 7 Answers as of March 14, 2013

My ex wife worded the divorce papers. If I get my disability, she doesn't have to pay child support. We have been divorced for 3 yrs and our son is 14. How do I get it over turned? If she refuse it, how do I terminate her parental rights? She calls and texts me every day but never asks to talk to our son. Our son wants nothing to do with her.

Retain a lawyer.
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You do not have a case for termination of her parental rights, if you need support you have to petition the court.
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
Agreements regarding child support are not enforceable in California. You should consult with a family law attorney such as myself immediately.
Law Office of John J. Stanton | John J. Stanton
Child support remains modifiable until your son reaches the age of 18 and is out of high school. You must file for the modification with the Family Law Court that granted the Judgment, or you may seek the assistance of the Department of Child Support Services in your county.
Mari Morrison Attorney at Law | Mari Morrison
You made the agreement. You do not mention if you got the disability, which would mean your son receives some as well. Has your wife gone to work or changed jobs and earns more now. If so, then you can file for a modification for support due to increase in cost of raising the child. The State does not want to terminate parental rights for a parent unless there is another parent such as through an adoption. Just don't answer her text or phone calls and block her.
    LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
    You are entitled to guideline child support based on the state you live in. Talk to an attorney to run guideline and calculate how much you could get. You can't force her to give up her parental rights. You are in a "business relationship" now and there is no need for her to be calling or texting you every day. Get another phone for friends and family and leave the existing phone just for her. Tell her that she can only communicate with you about your son's welfare. You shouldn't have anything else tying you together after divorce. By responding/reading the texts or answering her calls you are just encouraging her to keep up the contact. If she becomes abusive, get a restraining order.
    This depends on the law of the State you live in. Before you do anything, talk to a divorce lawyer. And do that soon.