How do I legally fix a daytrading back taxes error? 2 Answers as of November 20, 2010

The IRS thinks I owe back taxes for 2000 and 2001 when I was day trading stocks, they based that solely on sales. With my purchases, it is about break even. I stop day trading cause I went homeless for several years after military service, but they have hounded me every year and the stock company does not keep records over 7 years old to help prove what I purchased balances off my sales. Need advice on what type of person to see and how to resolve this monkey on my back.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
Burden on you to keep records can you reconstruct your trades? if so, might be able to work something out, but very difficult.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/20/2010
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
You can file amended returns to reflect the unpaid liability.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 11/19/2010
Click to View More Answers: