How do I legalize a potentially void marriage? Posted on July 11, 2011

My husband and I were recently married just over a month following his divorce. Due to a clerical error, we were shocked to learn that his final divorce decree date was not entered until after our ceremony. The final decree has since been issued, but I know this would render our marriage "void" if contested. Based on South Carolina law, will getting married again and submitting a new license correct this problem?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: