How do I leave the house to my daughters? 8 Answers as of October 16, 2017

I have been paying the loan for 28 years. I have subsidy to pay back if not in home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Christine Sabio Socrates Attorney at Law | Christine Socrates
There are many different ways to leave a home to your children, transfer on death affidavit, will or trust. I would need more information regarding the "subsidy" to address that issue and suggest the best method to use.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 10/16/2017
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
You can execute a survivor affidavit.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 10/12/2017
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C.
O'Keefe Legal Services, L.L.C. | Sean P. O'Keefe
In Maryland, one can leave property (the house) to one's daughters by updating the present deed to pass to the daughters after one's death, through a will (or without a will if the daughters are the heirs at law), or though a trust.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 10/12/2017
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You may leave the home to your daughters by specifying so in your will.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 10/12/2017
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
Pay back the subsidy and get a clear title to the property. Then you can leave it to whomever you like.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/12/2017
    Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
    The best way is with a will. You can also put them on the deed, but they are then owners with you.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 10/12/2017
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    It probably would be best to speak with an attorney who handles estates and trusts. Bring all the paperwork on the subsidy. If you make them joint tenants with you the payment might become due and there is no stepped up basis. There are several issues to consider so we can not answer without knowing more details.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 10/12/2017
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
    You should make a will leaving the house to your daughters (and making dispositions of your other property). They will have to pay the loan and any subsidy, if by its terms it is repayable after you pass away.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon
    Replied: 10/12/2017
Click to View More Answers: