How do I know what is happening with the criminal investigation? 2 Answers as of August 03, 2011

At a party a drunk guy attacked me and cut me with a knife. I filed a police report, but the police did not give me a copy or a case number. I gave them the name and address of the attacker and of several witnesses. How do I find out what is going on with the investigation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You should contact the local police department in the District in which the alleged crime took place. Provide them with your information and request a copy of the police report. You will likely have to pay some sort of fee to obtain a copy of the police report but they will be able to inform you of this over the phone.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 8/3/2011
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Call the District Attorney's office and ask to speak to the crime victim's liason. Explain your situation and that person will provide the answers you need.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: