How do I know what is happening with the criminal investigation? 2 Answers as of August 03, 2011

At a party a drunk guy attacked me and cut me with a knife. I filed a police report, but the police did not give me a copy or a case number. I gave them the name and address of the attacker and of several witnesses. How do I find out what is going on with the investigation?

Bloom Legal, LLC
Bloom Legal, LLC | Seth J. Bloom
You should contact the local police department in the District in which the alleged crime took place. Provide them with your information and request a copy of the police report. You will likely have to pay some sort of fee to obtain a copy of the police report but they will be able to inform you of this over the phone.
Smith & John
Smith & John | Kenneth Craig Smith, Jr.
Call the District Attorney's office and ask to speak to the crime victim's liason. Explain your situation and that person will provide the answers you need.