How do I know it’s true if my grandfather died and uncle’s attorney sent papers staying there was no will and everything left to his wife? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I called an attorney and he said that’s common when no will is made up to sign off everything to his wife or your grandmother. But when I look up the probate case online, there is a 3 page will on file for not only him but my grandmother as well. The case shows someone served by publication but I cannot find the publication. I believe I was left money but trying to be railroaded by uncle and aunt. I never received a copy of the will for my grandfather or my grandmother. The only way to get a copy of the will is thru the court house by writing since I currently reside in another state and the probate fees are in the $26,000 so I believe he was wealthy.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
You should contact a probate lawyer in the county where your grandfather lived and the particular probate was opened. Someone needs to examine the Petition, the Will you found on the docket, and the probate file. Your questions can only be answered by looking at the existing record.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/17/2017
Click to View More Answers: