How do I know if they will deny my immigration petition? 7 Answers as of August 24, 2011

I'm filling out i-864 and our w-2 income for 5 including primary immigrant is above 125% which is 33k now on our 1040 we had deductions cause of business losses so the total income showing on 1040 is only 28k. Do I put the 28k on line 25 of i-862 or the 33k? If I submit i-864 with incorrect numbers, will they deny the petition? Thank you.

The total income is determinative. If USCIS or DOS does not believe you meet the standard they typically send you a request for more evidence or to send documentation with a co-sponsor.
Not only that, you are falsifying a federal government application. I have seen people being prosecuted for falsifying forms.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
A Joint Sponsor who makes enough money solves so many problems. Technically, they want to know your ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME, ('AGI'), which, on a two page IRS 1040, is the bottom number on the first page. It's always smart to get a second opinion.
Montefalcon Law Offices
Montefalcon Law Offices | Alberto G. Montefalcon, Jr.
Yes, USCIS may outrightly deny your petition for lack of initial evidence. However, in practice, USCIS, for the most part will put on hold any further action on the petition. Instead of issuing a Notice of Action/Receipt, USCIS will issue an RFIE (Request for Initial Evidence) for you to re-submit an Affidavit of Support signed by someone with a qualifying income. Upon compliance and satisfaction thereof by the USCIS, it will proceed to process your petition. In your case, I would suggest that you place the $28K, and then ask for a qualifying Joint Sponsor to sign an Affidavit of Support for your relative. Do this before submitting the whole Petition/Application in order to avoid the delay described above.
You have to complete the form with accurate information. If the information is inaccurate, it can result in the denial of the petitions for failure to show the requisite level of support. The correct number is 28,000 as that was your income. You may supplement this amount with other assets as explained in the instructions. You may also obtain a co-sponsor if our income is not sufficient.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    I suggest you get a co-sponsor.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Look what is your adjusted gross income. I believe it is line 33 on your 1040. That is the income that counts. If you are below the required income, you can ad a co-sponsor to your application. This must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who signs a second I-864.You should not be denied without been given an opportunity to provide a co-sponsor.