How do I know if my landlord is evicting me without due cause? 6 Answers as of July 27, 2011

I have lived here for over 10 years now the new land owners are telling me that I have to move my mobile home. He will not let me pay month lot rent until I can find a place. My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and is sick a lot. We cant be homeless.

There may be special rules that apply to mobile homes. You might want to check with the attorney general's office. But, in general, if you don't have a written lease then the landlord can terminate you tenancy on one month's notice.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
They do not have to honor anything other than a pre-existing written lease, and only until that lease expires. You should start looking for a place to live because they can evict you.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
Please search for a legal aid or legal services offices near you which may either be able to provide you a free attorney, or refer you to an attorney who will handle your case for free. What the new landlord may legally do completely depends upon what your lease states.
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq.
The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq. | Mark Hofgard
The terms of your lease will determine whether the landlord has grounds to evict you. Is it month-to-month, one year, etc? If you are within the term of your lease, current on rent, and not otherwise in default under the terms of your lease, the landlord cannot evict you until the end of your lease.