How do I know if I was wrongly terminated? 5 Answers as of June 26, 2013

I'm pregnant and I was fired for eating. Apart from the manager does not let me go to the bathroom when we are working and I can not take water without her permission to do so, and if late the rest we work a week, is this right or can I sue?

Law Office of Tadd Dietz, PLLC
Law Office of Tadd Dietz, PLLC | Tadd Dietz
The Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, which amended the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, prohibits discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. An employer must have at least 15 or more employees to be subject to this prohibition on pregnancy discrimination. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission "It is unlawful to harass a woman because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth." See . Further, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission points out that "Although the law doesnt prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)." See . Employees have a 180 from the last adverse employment action to file a charge of discrimination against their employer. In Utah an employee can file the charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or with the Utah Antidiscrimination and Labor Division . If you are seeking legal advice regarding the specific facts of your case consult an attorney.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact the federal EEOC for answers to your employment termination questions. This federal agency has guidelines on employment discrimination due to pregnancy.
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor
Law Office of Eli M. Kantor | Eli Kantor
If you believe that the reason that you were terminated was because you were pregnant, and you had to eat because of your pregnancy and you had to go to the bathroom more frequently than you can.
William J. O' Malley, Attorney at Law
William J. O' Malley, Attorney at Law | William J. O' Malley
Probably. But some more details would be helpful to give a more complete analysis.
Law Offices of Sana Swe
Law Offices of Sana Swe | Sana Swe
You are entitled to reasonable accommodations for your pregnancy, as well as meal and rest breaks that would allow you to drink, eat, visit the restrooms, etc. You should consult with an attorney immediately.