How do I know if I qualify for Social Security Disability? 5 Answers as of September 05, 2012

I cannot work because after being in the heat, I start to get sick at my stomach. It only takes a short while, like five minutes, and starting to happen even in the winter. I had a heat stroke several years back and the time interval between starting to work and then having to quit is getting shorter. The slightest exertion outside in the summer makes me sick now. My current job entails outdoor work and is essential to my family’s survival, unfortunately.

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You will need to have medical documentation of your disability from a specialist.
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
SSD is taking about a year to get nowadays because everybody wants/needs it. If Romney gets elected you can expect to wait even longer if it is still available to us anymore. Good luck.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
You would need to have a doctor certify that you are totally disabled and unable to work at any job.
Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
Law Offices of Charles R. Perry | Charles R. Perry
You should contact your local social security office to see what you need to do in order to qualify for disability. You may be able to get at least some of the answers you need without contacting a lawyer.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
You qualify if you are unable to work at any jobs you have had in the last 15 years, and any other jobs based on the skills and exertional limits you have. This is a complicated inquiry and is worth consulting with an attorney. Good luck.