How do I kick my girlfriend and her mom out of my house? 17 Answers as of May 19, 2014

I would like to know how to kick out my girl and her mom from my home. Her mom got kick out and I told my girl she can stay but it is not working out. She won't leave. What can I do? I am not asking her for help so I want them out, she and her mom. How do I do that? I have a past that has domestic violence in it and I am not going back. I am 30 not a kid. I need help.

File a dispossessory.
Serve them with eviction papers. Go to small claim in courthouse.
Give her a notice of eviction and if she does not move, sue to evict her.
You have to evict them.
Serve her with a Notice to Quit, which is the start of an eviction.
    Since they are not paying rent, they are guests and can be asked to leave at any time. You do not have to go through a formal court eviction procedure. The problem is that they probably will refuse and if you call the police the police will probably say it is just a domestic dispute that they will not get involved in. You could change the locks when both of them are out of the house. Or you could offer them a sum of money to leave. Speak to a local landlord attorney to see what other suggestions they have.
    Carlson & Cohen, LLP | Morgan Halford
    Presuming that they are not on the lease or on the deed, they would likely be considered "boarders" and you can serve both of them with a Thirty Day Notice of Termination of Tenancy. If they fail to vacate you would have to file an Unlawful Detainer to have them removed. It is important however that you make sure that the Notice contains all of the requirements under the Civil Code, and that it is properly served. Please feel free to contact my office if you would like assistance in preparing and serving the Notices.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
    Treat them as tenants and give them a 30 days written notice of termination of their tenancy if after 30 days they do not move out you can file a lawsuit to evict them... The procedures are in the Michigan Landlord Tenant Handbook available online for free from Michigan.gov
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Change the locks.
    MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
    Does the girlfriend pay towards the household expenses. If so she may be a tenant. If she is not a tenant am action for ejection may be your alternative.
    The law suit is called an unlawful detainer. Call your LOCAL bar assn. for a referral to a lawyer.
    Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
    If she's not on the lease etc. you may need to file an eviction in Small Claims and get a Court Order that she leave.
    John Ceci PLLC
    John Ceci PLLC | John Ceci
    I cannot explain all the ins and outs of landlord/tenant law in one email. There is a process and I recommend hiring an attorney who knows what to do. If you want to do this yourself I suggest running the phrase "eviction process" (or something similar) and the name of your State through Google. In Michigan there are handbooks and websites that will give you some basic information.
    Since she has been in your house, arguably as a tenant, you will have to evict her through formal eviction proceedings.
    Give each of them a 30-day notice to quit. Then file an eviction action. If mom has been there less than 20 days, you might call the police and have her removed for trespassing.
    You need a landlord-tenant attorney to initiate an unlawful detainer action to have her removed.