How do I keep my ex from getting any sort of child custody? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

My ex husband abused my older children, he was arrested and indicted by a grand jury for multiple counts of rape and forced sexual assault. He never got convicted because just prior to trial my legally blind daughter whom was raped almost took her own life. We already had a report filed with the courts done by a professional child psychiatrist (guardian at litem ordered by the courts) that found for me the mother in ever part and stated that she believed he had indeed committed all of the crimes he was accused of. Her recommendation was for NO CONTACT whatsoever, she also questioned his mental stability and he is now collecting ssdi under a mental disability. He has threatened to kill me and he insists he will get visitation. Help I am scared out of my mind, I live every day with the results of the abuse he has already caused, and my youngest child( the only minor) doesn't want to see him. She never bonded with him, and has not seen him in 7 years, she is 10 years old now.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rhonda R. Werner Schultz, PL
Rhonda R. Werner Schultz, PL | Rhonda R. Werner Schultz
You will need a good attorney to present all of the evidence you have to the court in order to limit your Husband's time with the child. You will need to specifically request supervised or no timesharing in your petition for dissolution of marriage.

You should request appointment of a guardian ad litem in the divorce case to represent your child's best interests. Make sure that GAL has all the information from the prior case (which I assume was a dependency action and therefore it is confidential).
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 2/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: