How do I have to answer Question 14b, Part B of Form I 130? 1 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I am filling the I 130 for my wife. I got my LPR through a previous marriage (I got married in October 2007, got my LPR in September 2008). In January 2009 I joined the navy, I divorced my ex wife in May 2009, and got my citizenship through the military in November 2009. I married my present wife in August 2009. Do I have still to answer the question 14b in part B?

Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Since you are a US citizen, you answer Question #13, that you obtained citizenship through naturalization. You then skip Questions #14 "If you are a lawful permanent resident alien....." and Question #14 B, "Did you gain lawful permanent residence status through marriage....?". You are no longer a permanent resident, you are a US citizen. Congratulations, and thank you, sir, for your service to our country.