How do I go about resuming my DUI payment? 8 Answers as of March 04, 2014

I got my 2nd DUI in 2006. My first one was completed and paid off. Unfortunately in the middle of taking care of my second one, I lost my job and everything I owned. I didn't know what to do and did not want to go to jail. I didn't see a way out, so I went to a non-extradition state. Now I am in a position to finally take care of this. How do I go about doing it?

Law Office J. Jeffrey Morris | J. Jeffrey Morris
Hire a lawyer to appear for you. Then follow his advice.
Send money to the court until the matter is paid off. They may dismiss any warrant upon full payment.
You have a warrant for failure to report and pay. So, turn yourself in on the warrant, and once you get to see the judge you may be allowed to resume payments.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Contact your county clerk of courts.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
Have your lawyer add you to calendar, explain the situation and hope that the Judge has compassion for you and allows you to resume payments.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    In MN you would contact the county court that the offense occurred and see what is left to pay off. If it at a warrant status right now you may need to get representation to clear it up.
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can get the Judge to grant an extension so you can finish paying it off.
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    Hire a lawyer to help you with this. I would imagine that a warrant was issued for your arrest in 2006. So now you will either have to turn yourself in and pay the bond, or hire a lawyer to take care of it. It's very likely that the court will not set bail because you left the state the last time.