How do I go about getting a pro bono assistance if the mother of my children took my kids and now trying to take my property? 6 Answers as of May 02, 2014

Are there any free or pro bono attorneys? The mother of my children which whom I supported over the last 14 years (including her step child), took my kids and has hired an attorney to take my property, as well.

Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
In the State of Texas, you can look on the State Bar of Texas website for a list of all pro bono organizations. Be advised that most are overwhelmed by requests for assistance.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
The Houser Law Firm, P.C. | A. Bowden Houser
It is very likely no attorney will represent you pro bono with that story because it is very obvious you can afford an attorney. I if you can afford to support your children, step child & your ex - you can afford an attorney. Especially now that you don't have the children.
Call your state's bar association. Generally, there are income maximums and if your income exceeds the maximum, you will have to hire your own attorney.
I suggest that you contact lawyer referral in your area and see if there might be anyone who can be of assistance.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
You can contact the Legal Aid Society of Southern Nevada. They have attorneys available who work pro bono.
    HOW CAN SHE AFFORD COUNSEL AND YOU CANNOT? YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE LOCAL BAR ASSOCIATION AND ASK TO BE PLACED ON THE PRO BONO LIST, THE PROBLEM IS THE WAIT, IT COULD TAKE SOME TIME.