How do I go about getting my felony expunged? 3 Answers as of April 18, 2011

What is going to be the outcome, and how much will it be to expunge the record?

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
The first thing you have to do is determine if your felony charge qualifies to be expunged. If the Court withheld adjudication then the felony charge can be sealed and/or expunged. You also have to have a good reason for wanting it sealed or expunged. For example, you want to become something that requires a license such as a private investigator. If your case is in the Tampa Bay area and they withheld adjudication and you would like to consult with me further, please feel free to contact me. I charge $1,000 to do a Petition to Seal or Expunge a record. Plus there is a $75 charge for the FDLE to do a criminal background check. Please contact me if you are interested.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
I would need to figure out if you are eligible first. Please feel free to email me at or visit my website to fill out a free evaluation.

Basically, if you can answer "no" to these three questions, you are likely eligible: 1. Have you been adjudicated guilty of crime in FL or elsewhere? 2. Are you currently under court supervision? 3. Have you ever sealed or expunged a record before? The total cost, including court fees, application fees, and legal fees would be $622 (this includes a $75 application fee and about $42 in court costs). We have payment plans (payable in 3 monthly payments of $187 or 5 monthly payments of $117).