How do I go about getting full custody since he hasn't been in his life at all, hasn't paid child support and is in jail? 1 Answers as of May 03, 2017

I am seeing what I would need to do and how likely it is for me to get full custody of my son. His father and I were never married. His father hasn't been in his life since he was just a couple weeks old. He is now almost 5 and I am now married to someone in the military. His father is in jail and we are moving.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
It's best to sit down and talk with an experienced family law attorney about the best way to proceed. You may wish to start any divorce action where you will be moving once you've established jurisdiction under the uniform child custody jurisdiction act (UCCJEA).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2017
Click to View More Answers: