How do I give someone a 3 day notice? 8 Answers as of May 08, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
A three day notice must be personally served on a tenant. As the rules are strictly construed against the landlord, you should consult a real estate attorney to assist you with the preparation of an adequate notice.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/8/2014
Law Office of Jeffrey T. Reed | Jeffrey T. Reed
In California anyone can serve the notice for the landlord to the tenant. There are copies on line. You will need the exact amount due, where to deliver it and a proof of service if you go to court. Remember if you accept a partial payment you will need to re-serve the notice.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2014
Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law | Patrick Currin
A 3 day notice may be handed over or posted on the property by the landlord personally, no need for a disinterested party such as a process server. You should consult an attorney because the form of the notice is important and you might have to start over if you incorrectly perform this first step.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2014
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
In Washington, notices must be served according to the requirements of RCW 59.12.040. You must personally serve the notice on each tenant on the lease/rental agreement. If you cannot personally serve them, you can serve it upon some of suitable age and discretion residing at the rented premises AND mail a copy to them. Mail can be regular mail, but certified or with a receipt of mailing is recommended. If there is no one of suitable age and discretion, then you may post the notice conspicuously AND mail copies. Again, make sure you post a copy for each tenant, and mail a copy to each tenant. This would include a copy for each spouse.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/28/2014
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Personal service is the best. If not, "nail and mail". Post the notice on the door and mail it to the tenant. I hope this helps.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2014
    Mains Law Office
    Mains Law Office | Julie Mains
    Look up on the website self help. If you search three day notice, it gives all the information and requirements for landlords that must be followed exactly. Such as, it must be in writing, legible, how to serve it or where to post it etc. there are different types of notices depending on what is happening in your specific situation and who your tenant is - residential/commercial. So that is why a complete review of the website is probably your best bet to do it correctly. If there are any errors, it will get bounced in favor of the tenant. There are also many services that will do it for you for around $600. In Orange County, my clients who are landlords use OC evictions, attorney Silverstein. I have no affiliation with him. I just know people who have regularly used him. But again, when you search three day notice, other services come up as well.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 4/28/2014
    Home Town Law, P.A.
    Home Town Law, P.A. | Sabina Tomshinsky
    You should be aware that weekends and legal holidays are excluded from the three-day time period. You may hand deliver the Notice or post it in a conspicuous place like taping it on the front door. You may also mail the notice but then five additional days would be added to your three-day notice. The Notice must comply with the statutory requirements contained in Section 83.56 of the Florida Statutes.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 4/28/2014
    These notices may be served personally on the tenant or given to someone residing there, or it may be posted on the unit door or left in a conspicuous location. If posted on the door, I suggest that you take pictures.
    Answer Applies to: Ohio
    Replied: 4/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: