How do I get a workers permit if I am a student getting married to a US citizen? 3 Answers as of June 24, 2011

I am a student and getting married to a US citizen. How do I get to apply for a workers permit to be able to work in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
You cannot do anything until a petition for I-130, which would include an I-485 form for adjustment of status has been filed. Good news is that you, if you're inside the USA, can file for work authorization to enclose with the other documents in your package. There will be obstacles to success on this petition/application, as are most immigration-related matters. You will need an attorney's services. If you are wanting to pursue this matter further, call me or e-mail to set up an initial screening call, that may lead to the signing of a contract in a formal interview. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/24/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If by student you mean an International student with an F-1, M-1, etc. then just file your adjustment of status packet and you should be getting a work permit within 90 days of filing, give or take. If that is the case, then you need nothing else. However, as an F-1, you can be allowed to work in the US (outside of your school grounds) if you can show an economic hardship of some sort. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/22/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you are married to a USC then he/she needs to sponsor you for a green card. You can apply for a work card with that and it takes 90 days to obtain. Schedule an appointment with a competent immigration attorney to fully analyze your case and eligibility.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: