How do I get a visa for my new wife? 3 Answers as of November 03, 2010

I divorced my first wife. Now, I am getting married for the second time with another lady. I am a U.S. Citizen. I want to Apply for a U.S. visa for my second wife equipped to live abroad. (I divorced my first wife in the U.S. about two years ago, Legally). What should I do to get a visa for my new wife?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
First, you will have to demonstrate legal divorce of your first wife. Second, if you got your U.S. citizenship by naturalization after getting legal residency yourself, then you cannot sponsor a spouse for at least five years. Since you have had a previous marriage, it is likely you would qualify. If those two requirements are met, then you are eligible, but then you have to be able to prove that you have met her at least once for two weeks prior to filing your petition for her. If you have further questions, by all means contact me via e-mail or phone at the number or e-mail given below, and I'll set up an appointment for us to meet by phone or in person.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/3/2010
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
It really depends on whether you plan to get married in the US or in another country. If you plan to marry in the US, you might want to consider a fiancee visa for your future wife. If you will marry abroad, you will need to first marry and then petition for your wifes immigrant visa.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/21/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
To get a visa for your new wife, you have to start with an immigrant petition. Then, depending on where she is (in or outside of US), different procedures apply. Look into immigrant visa petition on the USCIS website. If you need legal representation to get your wife the new visa, please email me. We have very high success rate and fair fee.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2010
Click to View More Answers: