How do I get this to proceed to the next step after filing the counter petition? 4 Answers as of August 05, 2016

My husband served divorce papers on me on May 12. I answered within the 20 days and counter petitioned. I filed my financial affidavit within the 45 day time frame. My husband has yet to answer counter petition or file financials. He has an attorney, I do not. I sent a letter to his attorney requesting the documents and gave a 5 day response time frame. This has now passed. What do I do next? I am living in the marital home we shared until he left last week to go to our summer home and he put a 6 month mail forwarding in for his mail. I want this divorce to be over and I am afraid he is now dragging his feet even though he was the one that filed first.

Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Not enough information to make a response. You need to see a local attorney.
Home Town Law, P.A.
Home Town Law, P.A. | Sabina Tomshinsky
All divorces go through mediation. You may want to schedule a conference call with the Judicial Assistant and your husband's attorney on getting a referral to mediation. Typically both parties must file their financial affidavits prior to mediation. Depending on your incomes, it may be a private mediation rather than a court (in-house) mediation. As to mandatory disclosures, you may want to consider a motion to compel the same.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
My suggestion to you is to get your own attorney so the matter can be moved forward as quickly as possible and protect all of your interest in marital assets, etc. good luck.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
What you do next is hire a family attorney in your area.