How do I get a spousal visa? 4 Answers as of June 02, 2011

How do I go about obtaining a visa for my husband so he can legally travel back and forth to visit family

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If you are a USC and your husband is here in the US with a valid or expired visa, then file for an adjustment of status. Assuming you are not a USC and he is not here, then you want to file form I-130 visa petition ( click on Forms) and wait for it be approved. Then that visa approval will be sent to the National Visa Center who will contact you with an information and application packet at the appropriate time. In the meantime, you will have to look at the USDOS Visa Bulletin from time to time to see where he is (will be) in the process of immigrating to the US at the following link: It is pretty self-explanatory. He will be in the F2A category. When his visa becomes available the NVC will contact you. The NVC will ask you to provide certain documents and pay the appropriate fees for the Immigrant Visa and Affidavit of Support in addition to completing Form DS-260 on the internet. Just follow the instructions they will provide you with and your husband will eventually be issued a visa. It can be a bit stressful and at times complicated. So, if you find it to be all of those things then contact competent counsel to help you with all of it. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
I don't quite understand your question. What is your husband's current status in the US and yours?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/2/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You have a few options, a k3 visa or you can petition for your spouse via consular processing. Each, however, require your spouse's intent is to reside in the US. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/1/2011
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
More information is needed. Are you a U.S. Citizen wanting to petition for your husband? if so, you should consult with an immigration lawyer immediately.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/1/2011
Click to View More Answers: