How do I get sole custody of my 7 year old daughter if father is serving 20 years in jail? 1 Answers as of March 15, 2017

Her father last saw her at 2 months old and only 5 times from birth to 2 months. My now husband has been in her life since 6 months old till now. She only knows my husband as her dad. Her biological father is in prison serving 20 years. Her biological father robs homes for a living which he's been in and out of jail for numerous times. I am a licensed nurse my husband a celebrity guard.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
You should consider a petition to terminate parental rights and a petition for stepparent adoption for your husband to adopt your child. This is a complicated area of the law. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/15/2017
Click to View More Answers: