How do I get rid of a timeshare unit? 8 Answers as of August 15, 2012

Can I just walk away from it or donate it? I owe no money on it.

Austin Hirschhorn, P.C.
Austin Hirschhorn, P.C. | Austin Hirschhorn
You should contact the seller of the timeshare unit and find out if the time share contract is assignable or marketable. If it is sellable or assignable you could sell or transfer the unit to some one who could use it. If the reason for wanting to get rid of it is because you are tired of using it you might be able to transfer your unit for someone else's unit. Many time share sellers provide that service. Be sure to ask if there is any fee involved to you or the transferee or user.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Yes and yes, but if its worth something, why not sell it?
Behren Law Firm
Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
I believe you can sell them on Ebay and there are realtors who specialize in selling them.
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
Owning a timeshare does involve certain responsibilities and adherence to procedures. You should contact your representative at the timeshare management company and check as to the proper procedures for selling or surrendering your unit.
LAW OFFICE OF JEFFREY Z DWORIN
LAW OFFICE OF JEFFREY Z DWORIN | JEFFREY Z DWORIN
If you don't owe money, donate it to a charitable or educational organization that can raffle it off.