How do I get rid of my wage garnishment? 1 Answers as of April 12, 2012

My wages are being garnished for a car. I do not make enough money for them to garnish my money. So basically I'm gaining more interest then I'm paying and will never pay this down. Will bankruptcy stop the garnishment and allow me to make payments?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Smalley Law Firm, LLC | Cary Smalley
Yes, filing bankruptcy will stop wage garnishments. However, if you wish to keep your vehicle will need to continue making payments on it. I suggest you consult a bankruptcy attorney to discuss the details of your situation and decide which bankruptcy chapter is right for you.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 4/12/2012
Click to View More Answers: