How do I get a restraining order dismissed after an altercation with my wife's ex? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2012

The restraining order was issued in Washington. We live in Oregon now. When the ex visits to pick up his kids, do I need to still avoid him? Or does the restraining order remain lawful in WA state only? In other words, can I answer my door if he knocks to get the kids? Does the restraining order transfer across state lines?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James A Schoenberger
Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
It would be certainly more difficult to enforce in another jurisdiction but it remains a valid court order. The best bet is to have it modified to a "no hostile contact" order, or dismissed altogether. That will need to be done by the ex.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/4/2012
Click to View More Answers: