How do I get a protection order dropped or dismissed? 8 Answers as of March 12, 2013

I have a protection order against me which I can't have any contact with that person. The judge didn't request it, it was a group called "cares." I and the person involved want desperately to have this dropped and work things out! How do we go about it?

You have to file a motion to have the order dismissed and notify the other side and then the judge will decide the matter.
Retain an attorney, who can file motions to have the case returned to court.
You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances to see the best way to proceed. Probably you and your attorney should talk to the prosecuting attorney to try to convince him to drop the charges.
You need to appear before the court and make the request.
The other party would have to go to the Clerk of Court and file a motion before the court requesting a dismissal of the prior order of court. It would be up to the judge to grant or deny your motion.
    Law Offices of Jonathan Mincis | Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq.,
    That person needs to appear in Court and tell the Judge that they want the Complaint dismissed. They need to say that no one forced them or coersed them and they do not feel threatened. The Court may consider dismissing it if this is a civil restraining order.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    File a motion to vacate.
    Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
    Have the protected person go to court and ask the Judge to mismiss the protective order.