How do I get a power of attorney from mom if he can’t sign her name? 1 Answers as of October 14, 2015

My mother incapacitated in skilled nursing facility under hospice care. She needs Medicaid but I need a Qualify Income Trust. The problem is there is no power of attorney and mom hasn't the ability to sign her name. I'm being told I need to get guardianship. How involved is that? How expensive can that be? How long can that take? This needs to be done as quickly as possible. I'm under a lot of pressure.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pamela Braynon | Pamela Y. Braynon
The expense of becoming a guardian is the cost if the, and an attorney (although possibly could be waived if court find you or your mom indigent). Once all the background checks are done, it shouldn't take that long. If the court considers her situation an emergency, then it will get bumped up.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: