How do I get a possession of marijuana charge removed from my record? 3 Answers as of April 15, 2015

I was busted for possessing a pretty small amount of marijuana in the Inland Empire area of California. Do I need a lawyer to help get it off my record? I think it's hurting me when I apply to jobs.

Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
You need to get an expungement. You do not require an attorney unless you want it done right the first time.
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
It depends on what you mean by off your record. Is it a felony? Misdemeanor? You can do an "expungement" yourself. File form CR-180 and CR-181. An expungement doesn't get it off your record , but you can tell employers you don't have any convictions.