How do I get a patent for an idea for a business? 4 Answers as of September 08, 2015

How do I get a patent?

Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
You might not be able to obtain a patent on your "business idea" - since these inventions are often viewed as an "Abstract Idea." For example, on June 19, 2014, the US Supreme Court unanimously ruled that basic business methods may not be patented, even if computers are used to apply them, citing Section 101 of the Patent Law. The case involved a method for reducing the risk that the parties to a transaction will not pay what they owe. Writing for the court, Justice Clarence Thomas said that was "a patent-ineligible abstract idea." "Merely requiring generic computer implementation," he added, "fails to transform that abstract idea into a patent-eligible invention." Visit the Patent Office website - www.uspto.gov - for more information. GOOD LUCK
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
You must prepare and file a patent application with the United States Patent office. You can visit the US Patent notice at www.uspto.gov. You should first conduct (or hire) a search to determine if the invention has been patented by others. In order to get a patent your idea for a business must be novel and unique from all other businesses.
You can find the basic information on the United States Patent and Trademark Office's web site (www.uspto. gov). Your local library will also have or can obtain books about how to apply for a patent.
Microtechnology Law & Analysis | Daniel Flamm
Finding a patent attorney would be a good start.