How do I get out of a rent to own contract? 2 Answers as of June 17, 2015

I am renting to own a mobile home but my job chose me to transfer to another store in 6 months. But how do I get out of the contract if the landlord will not let me move my own my property or sublease it to anyone? I do not want to lose it because I have invested 5 years in it. What should I do?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Contact an attorney.. you should be able to sublease it.
You do not give us enough information for any of us to give you a good answer. What does the contract say? ?If you agreed that some part of your monthly rent would be applied to your purchase of the mobile home, but you no longer want or can buy the home, you can refuse to exercise the option to purchase, but unless the contract states otherwise, you loss all the rental payments you made. ?What part of the contract says you can not move the home [you certainly can not move it until you own it] or can not sub-lease it to someone else as long as you make the monthly rental payments? ?Many people never go through with a rent to own option and the landlord legally just pockets the extra rental money paid. ?That is not the landlord's fault that you do not exercise the option.