How do I get the OPT approval? 3 Answers as of August 06, 2011

I was arrested and fingerprinted for shoplifting (misdemeanor A) last year. This was a great mistake I have ever done in my life. I hired a lawyer and finally I was asked to do community service. I successfully completed the diversion program. I also received a letter of successful completion of diversion program and it also mentioned that my case will be dismissed. These all happened about 4-5 months ago. I just graduated. I applied for the OPT 3 weeks ago but haven't heard from them. I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know whether my arrest record will affect on my OPT processing or not. If so, what should I need to do in terms of obtaining the OPT approval?

Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
It will. Not affect opt
Employment authorization may take up to 90 days. If you receive a request for additional evidence, let us know and we can help you.
It depends on the exact charge. But generally, it should not affect the issuance of your OPT.