How do I get a non-refundable retainer returned? 1 Answers as of September 18, 2017

I paid an attorney $1000 to represent me in a civil case. He filed a notice of representation. That is all. Almost 7 months later, they have done nothing. The accusing party hasn't done anything. He said after a year, we can have a motion to have it dismissed. I reached out to my attorney and got no reply. Finally, I got a reply from him and told him that I was terminating him and wanted to get a refund of unused retainer. He said it was his and I was not getting it back. Is that right?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
It could be right. I do not know what the contract says.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/18/2017
Click to View More Answers: