How do I get my wife her citizenship fi she was brought here as a baby? 4 Answers as of June 10, 2011

My wife was brought to the US illegally as a baby and has lived in the US ever since. We have been married for almost 2 years and now I'm about to transfer to a deployable unit. Will my wife be deported if I attempt to apply for her citizenship, and what would happen to our kids if I'm deployed and that happens?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If she has never departed since entering then she is eligible to seek her green card in the U.S. through a special program for military families known as a Parole in Place. We can help. Best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on how she was brought in. If she was brought in lawfully and she can prove it, you can file for her permanent residence and the overstay and unauthorized employment will be forgiven under section 245(a).
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/10/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
There are special programs for spouses of active military. She can legalize. Call me for a consultation and I will explain the process to you for her to legalize.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/10/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Please make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney before you are deployed. They expedite cases for petitioners who are on active duty in the US military. If your wife entered illegally as a baby, she is technically not allowed to file in the US. However! She may be eligible under an old law called 245(i)- if anyone filed any paperwork with immigration or the Dept of Labor before 4/30/2001 for her parents or her. This happens more often than you would think so have her call everyone. It might be an aunt/uncle or other family member who filed papers for a parent or an employer. If your wife was ever a victim of a crime in the US and helped the police, she may be able to get a U visa too.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: