How do I get my spouse a visa? 2 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I'm a US citizen engaged to a Pakistani man who is currently in the UK on a work visa. We are planning on getting married sometime next year. What is the best way to go about doing this? Should we do a fiancé visa or should we get married in the UK and then apply for a spouse visa? Please help because I have no idea what to do and never thought I would end up falling in love with someone overseas. Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If you are looking for the fastest way to get him here to the U.S., then the K1 fiance visa would be the best choice. If time is not as critical, then file for the immigrant visa after you get married in the U.K. Consult with an immigration lawyer before filing any documents. Best of luck.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/25/2011
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
What you should do is dependent on when your fiance is planning to arrive in the USA. The fiance visa will take about 3-5 months to be granted, at which time he can obtain an entry visa from the U.S. embassy in London. Then she can come to the States, at which time she must marry within 90 days, then notify the US CIS, and apply to adjust status for a green card. If you wish to pursue it further, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: