How do I get my son's property back? 2 Answers as of October 20, 2015

My son recently passed away and had some boxes stored at his friend's mother’s attic. I have asked the friend numerous times to get the boxes back, and now he doesn't return any of my requests. I have not contacted his mother. The boxes contain historical information of my wife's family. Is small claims the only avenue, and how do I establish a monetary value? Should I contact his mother? If she doesn't respond, what is my next course of action?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Contact the mother!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2015
Law Office Of Victor Waid
Law Office Of Victor Waid | Victor Waid
Small Claims court is the avenue to take.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/19/2015
Click to View More Answers: