How do I get my sister to sign a quit claim on property in our mothers trust? 4 Answers as of May 13, 2011

My sister has removed a $460,000 property from our deceased mother's trust. I wish to remove 2 pieces of property totaling $315,000. Thus leaving $10,000 in the trust. My sister refuses to sign a quitclaim because she wishes to avoid inheritance tax of the difference. Thank you.

Speak to a local Estate attorney. It sounds like you have more problems that you realize on this one. Good luck.
You can file a Petition with the Probate Court asking the Court to enforce the provisions of your Mother's Trust and transfer the assets. However, before you create a rift in the family, you may want to have an attorney or accountant resolve your sisters concerns. Speaking with a professional may provide your sister with the peace of mind necessary to accommodate your transfer.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
You should contact a Florida Estate Planning Lawyer to review the documents to see what rights you have. If she is required to do something and refuses, you may have to remove her as trustee and replace the trustee and then have the new trustee take the actions
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
In some states (Calif) there is no inheritance tax. Need to find out about your particular state law.