How do I get my petty theft concealed? 2 Answers as of August 07, 2011

I was charged with petty theft it will be 3 years on the 22nd I plead no contest and the charge is adjudged guilty I was told to pay my court fee and stay out of trouble I need to have this sealed or expunged so I can get a job I was charged with battery but all charges was dropped I was told it was a cool down period and there would be no charge but I have it on my record how do I get rid of these when I read the list for getting something sealed its very confusing please help. both were misdemeanors

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
If you were adjudicated guilty, you will not be able to seal or expunge your record. Under current Florida law, any guilty conviction makes you ineligible. You may want to consider clemency or having an attorney look at the old case to see if anything can be done to change the outcome to a withheld.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: