How do I get my name off his loan if we are a community property state? 1 Answers as of September 21, 2017

I am currently going through the divorce process with my ex-husband. Before I filed for divorce, we got a car loan for jointly. However, since we separated, he needs a cosigner to get my name off of his loan and has no one he can get to sign.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
This will be resolved as part of the divorce. If he gets the car, he will be made responsible for the loan even if you're name is still on it. If he doesn't have the money to pay, you should get the car and loan or the car should be turned back in. Finally, the car could be paid off with money he would get from other assets. This too can be part of the division of property.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: