How do I get my money after an underage drunk driver hit my home? 3 Answers as of April 28, 2011

My home was struck by a 19 year that appeared to be under the influence of alcohol. His insurance will not pay my home and car deductible. He was under age, and only had liability. His insurance will not cover my deductibles and my insurance company said they will not reimburse me. How can I get the 2k? Should I take him to small claims court or file a report with a district attorney? Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
El Dabe Law Firm
El Dabe Law Firm | Edmond El Dabe
You can file a lawsuit against him in small claims court. You can also go to the hearing for his DUI and ask for restitution.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
I am a bit confused. A person drove a vehicle into your house causing damage and s/he is not being prosecuted? I hope that is just a misunderstanding of your post. If this person is being prosecuted, contact the DA and victim witness and lodge a claim for the entire amount of damages. You should also consider a separate suit against the minor and the persons who let him have the vehicle, if the case. Check with a local personal injury attorney. Initial consultations are generally free.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: