How do I get my judgement in a divorce case without the consent of the other party? 2 Answers as of July 23, 2011

I filed my case pro per in March of 2011. Apparently my ex responded to the case in April of 2011. He never served me with his end of the paperwork. I just had my judgement and default paperwork sent back to me because of his response. Is there any way to get the judgement because I was never served anything from him? Or should I just wait and go to my hearing which is scheduled for September of this year?

Don't be blindsided. Go to the Court and purchase a copy of the papers that your husband filed, so that you can determine what he filed and what he is asking for. Consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney to determine whether it would be appropriate for you to be represented in the divorce case.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
He filed his paperwork and so you will not be able to get a default judgment. You will have to go to the court hearing that is set in future.