How do I get my husband off and my ex-boyfriend on so that child support can be established? 2 Answers as of July 18, 2016

I am 3 months pregnant by boyfriend when we broke up. At 8 months pregnant, I married another man. No one contests that the father is my ex. But the hospital made my husband sign birth certificate even after telling them my ex is the father, then DHS denied my ex as biological father because I was married to another man. Both parties fully agree that the ex is the father!! My ex wants to be on the birth certificate and pay child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
I suppose the ex can commence a paternity proceeding but most costs will want to wait until the child is born. In such a proceeding the father can get some placement rights, and have his child support obligation determined.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/18/2016
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
Your ex can file a paternity action asking to be DNA tested and determined to be the father.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/18/2016
Click to View More Answers: