How do I get my green card based marriage while I’m pregnant? 1 Answers as of November 09, 2017

I came to the states in April 2017 and got married in June to my husband. I never thought I would be this impulsive but it happened. Now few months later, I just found out I am pregnant. We are still filling for the green card and it takes a lot of time getting everything together. I don’t have a SSN. My husband is a veteran and is insured by the VA and therefore doesn’t have a health insurance through his job. I have looked high and low to find a way to have this child but I can’t find anything. Medicaid isn’t possible due to the fact I would be a public charge and no insurance will take me as I already am pregnant. I really hope someone can help me with this. Last thing I want is to end the pregnancy for financial reasons, it is devastating.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
It indeed may be possible to obtain Medicaid benefits for your pregnancy and birth of your child without this constituting the type of receipt of needs-based public assistance that would interfere with eligibility to apply for a "Green Card." It would be wise for you and your husband to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information, could advise about eligibilities, options and strategies to attain your goals, and who then could offer legal representation in the often complex immigration application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 11/9/2017
Click to View More Answers: