How do I get my confiscated license due to DUI from the police? 2 Answers as of September 23, 2015

I'm 19 got pulled over for speeding officer smelt the alcohol in the car made me get and do a bunch of test and the the breathalyzer test he said I blew a .03. He said he didn't believe I was drunk so instead of arresting me with a DUI he took my car and driver license. He gave me a ticket and on the ticket it says I blew a .03 and speeding. What do I do to get it back and we'll it be suspended?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license. You cannot get your license from the police. From this point forward your lawyer will deal directly with the DMV.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2015
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
If you are under 21 and you blew a .01 or above (and you state in your question that you did) then your license is taken and you should have been issued a temporary license that explained your right to request a hearing at the DMV prior to the suspension going into effect. You would have had to request that hearing within 10 days of your citation, failure to make the request within 10 days means that your license will be (or was) suspended on the 31st day after the citation was issued. That suspension is one year in duration as you were under 21 at the time of the event.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: