How do I get my charges reduced? 2 Answers as of February 20, 2012

I was arrested in 2007, and charged with 3 class 2 felony thefts. I was given 30 days in jail, 3 years of probation, and restitution. The court that I was convicted in retained jurisdiction of my case and upon successful completion of my court ordered items; my charges were to be reduced to misdemeanors. I need to know how to get my charges reduced. I have successfully completed everything I was supposed to and I need to know what I am supposed to file to get my charges reduced.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
See the attorney who represented you in court, and have him file a motion to enforce the judgment entered originally, he will know what to do. Also, you might ask your probation officer to assist you in having the case brought back before the sentencing court in order to reduce the charge to a misdemeanor. You got a hell of a break, don't blow it by violating the law again!
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/20/2012
Brucar & Yetter, P.C.
Brucar & Yetter, P.C. | Wayne Brucar
That should be indicated in your sentencing order. The attorney who represented you then should be able to help you now. Please understand that answering this doesn't create an attorney/client relationship between us, and as hard as I try to answer your question well, it isn't legal advice. No matter how much information you put into a question, the answers you are going to get are still going to be vague. It is in your interest to contact a lawyer, most of whom will do a free consultation. Even 15 minutes with a lawyer is going to produce a more specific answer to your problem.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/17/2012
Click to View More Answers: