How do I get my attorney's fees back after being misinformed of my bankruptcy going as far as already filing? 6 Answers as of December 07, 2015

I have already filed, my attorney advised me to go with a chapter 7 due to having lower income and not a lot of assets. I own a home and 2 vehicles. the trustee wants to take my only running vehicle and only vehicle I have to transport my 5 children. I cannot get answers or options from my attorney, she advised me to "just let them take the truck, your screwed either way. Go get a new vehicle this week." She will not call me when she has updates, I email and call and did not get a response for a week after my initial try. I feel I have been misinformed about bankruptcy and feel that she is not representing me. I called the office today to ask more questions and ask to renegotiate and the aid in the office started to yell at me and refused to talk to me saying "I will not answer these questions." Please help me this cannot be right.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
File a complaint with the local bar association or the state Supreme Court detailing what happened. And get yourself a new attorney.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 12/7/2015
A Fresh Start
A Fresh Start | Dorothy G Bunce
You have two ways to proceed here, but focusing on getting your money back should not be the image you wish to portray in seeking help. Lawyers are regulated by the State Bar of Nevada and complaints about incompetence can be directed to this regulator. Bankruptcy lawyers are also regulated by the bankruptcy court, and the office of the US Trustee and the bankruptcy judge assigned to your case are also able to investigate your complaint about the quality of the services provided to you. Both the US Trustee and the bankruptcy judge have the right to order the attorney to DISGORGE fees you paid, which means that the attorney would be required to fully refund your payments.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 11/18/2015
Law Office of Michael Johnson
Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
You need to speak to another atty asap. You may try to convert to a ch 13.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/18/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It sounds like you need a new, and better, lawyer. And one who will complain and demand a refund. With a proper approach to the Court, you MIGHT have away to keep the vehicles. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 11/16/2015
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney
Janet A. Lawson Bankruptcy Attorney | Janet Lawson
You need to get a second opinion from a lawyer who can look at your paper work. Try finding one at NACBA.ORG
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/16/2015
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    Insist on speaking with the attorney directly. Ask her to explain her actions and why this happened. It commonly can happen if you were not complete in your initial listing of assets, liabilities and or income. You can seek other counsel but, generally, it will cost you to bring them up to speed.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/16/2015
Click to View More Answers: