How do I get married with my boyfriend and get to fix his papers? 4 Answers as of April 28, 2015

I've been with my boyfriend for like 13 years and we have 4 beautiful kids together and I really want to help him get his papers. He is from Mexico and from AZ. He's only crossed once and been here ever since. I want to know what would be the best way to help him get his papers. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Assuming he had entered the US once and never left and returned, and he has no criminal record, you must marry him and then file I-130; upon the approval of I-130 you file i-601A waiver application; Once the waiver is approved his file will be transferred to the US consulate in Mexico. He needs to go to the consulate for immigrant visa interview. If not easy and you should hire a good immigration lawyer to help you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2015
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva | Josue Villanueva
This is a complicated case and you need to speak with an attorney in detail. Your problem cannot be resolved with just an email.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2015
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
In a nutshell, you should be able to petition for your boyfriend and heavem become a US permanent resident. It is not going to be easy, because he may or may not have entered without a visa and if the latter is the case, then he will have to leave the United States in order to process his paperwork back into the United States as a resident. Now, you may want to start with a provisional waiver filed for him. But to get to that point you will need to at least petition him and have the case be pending with the National Visa Center in order for you to file for a provisional waiver for him. I see a lot of good things for your boyfriend, but you will really need to retain an attorney to work your case for you. It can happen in the way that you wanted to happen and it should. Get a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2015
Penn Law
Penn Law | Gigi Penn
You can get married anytime, provided all your previous marriages (if any) are officially ended. To petition for your spouse, and to protect your rights, seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney, as there may be additional issues that you will need to address or other immigration relief you will need to apply for to avoid, for example, deportation.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/28/2015
Click to View More Answers: