How do I get the house in my name without having to follow the line of ancestry discordancy? 1 Answers as of March 18, 2015

I’ve been dealing with my family regarding my mom’s house. They have dragged their feet so long and failed to take necessary actions to ensure the taxes were paid. Well, this time, I do not intend to be nice and want to take the following actions: I paid the taxes now I want the house. The problem is that the house is in my grandfather’s name, with my mom having some sort of ‘Will’ describing her as the overseer. Additionally it is an heir property (I presume) whereby the brothers may want to contest. However, no one was willing to pay the taxes, fix the roof and make other repairs. What would you recommend?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
I'd have to review the will and dates of death. Without knowing your entire story, my typical advice is: you should get a family settlement in place, probate the will and be done with it.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/18/2015
Click to View More Answers: