How do I get guardianship papers for my daughters to collect survivor benefits? 1 Answers as of August 17, 2011

Their father passed and insurance is requesting guardianship papers issued by the courts. Do I need a lawyer?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
I assume you are not the natural mother. Therefore, you have to obtain guardianship from the courts. This is a very simple process and we can usually obtain this for you with one court date.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: